Saturday, November 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Michel!

Today is the birthday of a very special friend.

We met 30 years ago. I was looking for a karate dojo. Tying to find one that suited my views on this martial art. The way he welcomed me was not too pleasant. I asked for a trial course, and he answered: "No trial course here". Then, I requested to at least watch the training. Answer: "Its NOT a show" I was baffled and turned my back to leave. He called me back and asked me if I had my karate-gi (kimono). I said I did so he told me to come over, but that I would suffer.

I suffered. A lot. And it was only the first time! But very soon, we became very good friends. I learned a lot with him. We were training 4 times a week, 2 hours sessions. As we were a very small group at the time, we would go very far. Training until total exhaustion. But what a fantastic personal, physical, and spiritual experience!.
In summer, we would go to special sessions with the most famous Japanese Senseis  Karate, Like Taiji Kase, Enoeda and Shirai.  I trained with Michel for 15 years. We lost touch for a few years and then reconnected a few years ago, when I became his English teacher.

Michel is a wonderful human being, intelligent, human, kind, and always eager to learn more about many subject and a very good father. Finally, he is also one of my best friend, who never let me down when times were hard. Thank you for being my friend!




Happy Birthday Michel
and may life gives you what you deserve!


The picture below is a private joke!

From the heights of these pyramids, forty centuries look down on us





No comments: